Okay, Sandlot fans, I'm finally back from extended labor in graphic design hell. In case you're wondering, I've been consumed with the complete redesign of our college catalog—all 128 pages of it. That little project ate up all my office time, so I've been bringing all my class work home, which means The Sandlot has been on extended hiatus...until now.
It's NCAA Tourney Time, baby!
I've created a group in ESPN.com's free "Tournament Challenge" game. You can enter up to five different brackets. Here are the easy steps to get started:
1) Go to www.espn.com and click on the "ESPN Tournament Challenge" icon near the top of the screen.
2) If you haven't already signed up for a free ESPN account, you'll have to do that; otherwise, sign in at the top of the screen.
3) Create and name your tournament entry. Don't join any "Default Groups" at this time.
4) Make your tournament selections.
5) After your picks have been submitted, click on the link that says "Create or Join a Group." Type in "Sandman's Sandlot" in the search box, click "Search," click on the "Sandman's Sandlot" name, then click on "Join This Group." You should see your entry name in the league list.
6) Sit back and wait to proclaim yourself "Master of Tournament Picks"—NOT!
7) Talk lots of smack.